This tutorial was contributed by Deo Kumar
Quintype manages all the products and libraries on Github, you can check it out all the repository here or you may contact support firstname.lastname@example.org to get Github access in case if you don’t have.
In this tutorial, we will see how we can take the repository in the local system from Github and will do some changes and pushed it back to Github.
- We usually follow folder structure something like
work/qt/and then all the repositories inside this folder.
- Once you create folder structure now you need to clone the repo -
git clone https://github.com/quintype/malibu.git.
- Once you cloned the repository go to the
git checkout -b testor you can switch to different branch using -
git checkout branch_name.
- Let’s edit
story.jsfile and add one console there.
Once you are done with your local changes now time to push your changes to Github. But befor pushing changes to Github you may follow a few steps.
- Check all changed/updated files -
- Add individual files -
git add file_pathor you can check all the chages using -
git add -por add all the files that are updated using
git add ..
- Once you have added file to origin now time to commit your changes with message -
git commit -m "your changed message"
- Now time to push your changes to Github -
git push origin test.